Eating is always a problem if you are working out. Some professional bodybuilders even go that far and say that eating is 70% of the workout, and they are kind of right. I say “kind of” because the workout itself is pretty important, however, eating the food that your body needs is the fuel your body uses for growth.
So, eating is something that can make things easier for your progress but it can make things pretty difficult for your budget. Delicious food, especially healthy one full with proteins, is pretty expensive. Besides from the cost, it is a challenge to eat healthy.
Basically, you have to change your life. You have to plan your meals, calculate proteins, calories, put some money on the side because of it and maintain that throughout the whole year, and then the next one, and then the year that comes after, all until you get what you want.
Also Read: Diet before, during and after a workout is as important as the exercises themselves
So, money and lifestyle are the most common excuses made by people who don’t have a good diet plan, but there is another – The taste! Yes, I have heard people complain about how their food that they are supposed to eat tastes awful.
Here are 10 tasty recipes:
1Vegan Cookie Dough Dip
Your heart stopped just from the sound of the word “cookie” in your mind, didn’t it? Yes, you can have a fantastic dip that is both delicious and healthy in the same time.
Yup, these cookies are as tasty as the normal ones are, only this kind won’t make you fat.
Ingredients for Vegan Cookie Dough Dip:
- ¼ cup sunflower seed butter
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 15 oz. can of chickpeas (rinsed, drained)
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed (you can use oat flower as well)
- ½ tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of soy milk
- ¼ cup carob chips (you can use dairy-free chocolate chips as well)
How do you prepare the Vegan Cookie Dough Dip:
Simply put all of the ingredients, except the dairy-free chocolate chips, in a blender and mix them all up together. You should stop when the mixture reaches the well-known consistency of a cookie dough. Move the mixture to a different bowl and add chocolate chips for better flavor.
2Frozen Yogurt Bark
This is my personal favorite. Not only does it sound delicious, it really is!
Ingredients for Frozen Yogurt Bark:
- 2 cups of Greek yogurt (500g)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon cranberries
- 1 tablespoon raisins
How do you prepare the Frozen Yogurt Bark:
First thing that you need to do is mix yogurt with honey until they are perfectly combined. Next step is to add cranberries and raisins and mix it all up once again.
Make a baking trail with foil and pour the mixture on top of it. You can add something as a toping (desiccated coconut, chocolate chips for an example), and put everything in a freezer for 3 or 4 hours.
3Chocolate Peanut Butter Chia Protein Pudding
What? Did you read – pudding?
Yeah, you did. You can eat your favorite dessert without considering it a cheat meal.
Ingredients for Chocolate Peanut Butter Chia Protein Pudding:
- 1/4 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup vanilla almond milk – unsweetened
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- stevia drops for taste (you can use up to 4, 5)
- not necessary but you may add 1 tablespoon peanut flour for even better taste
- 34g of chocolate peanut butter protein powder
How do you prepare Chocolate Peanut Butter Chia Protein Pudding:
It’s pretty easy to make! Simply combine all of the ingredients into one cup and leave it in your freezer for 30 minutes. That’s all that there is to it.
Another name that rings many bells.
Ingredients of Protein Cheesecake:
- Almond meal or flour
- 2 tablespoons applesauce (you can use coconut oil or butter)
- ½ tablespoons of salt
- ½ cup of baking stevia (you can use 1 cup sweeteners as well)
- 2 cups low plain Greek yogurt
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 large eggs
- ½ vanilla protein powder
- ¼ tablespoons of salt
NOTE: The italic part represents the ingredients for cheesecake filling.
How do you prepare Protein Cheesecake:
First of all, you must preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Then mix together all of the dry ingredients that will make your crust. After pressing the mixture into a spring-form pan, bake it for 15-20 minutes.
The filling is made like any other. Mix the cream with the yogurt until it gets to a characteristic form.
5Peanut Butter Protein Cups
Ingredients of Peanut Butter Protein Cups:
- 3/4 cup Ghiradelli 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons vanilla protein
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1/4 cup PB2 powdered peanut butter
- 1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
How do you prepare PBPC:
Combine vanilla protein powder with vanilla almond milk until it becomes a fine mixture and then melt chocolate chips over low heat. A small layer of melted chocolate should be added. Put the cups in the freezer for 30 minutes.
These were my personal TOP FIVE that I eat regularly, therefore I have given you tested recipes. The next 5 meals are something I haven’t done, but you can try.
6Pumpkin Pie Protein Pudding
- 2 cups 100% Pure Pumpkin Puree, canned
- ¼ cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- 2 tablespoons Roasted Almond Butter
- 2 tablespoons English Toffee-Flavored Stevia Extract
- 2 tablespoons Natural Maple Flavor
- 2 tablespoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- ¼ tablespoons Salt
7Smoothie for birthdays
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 scoop (25 g) Sunwarrior Classic with Vanilla Protein
- ½ medium frozen banana, sliced
- 1 small avocado, pitted
- ½ tablespoons almond extract
- ¼ baking powder
- ¼ tablespoons butter extract
- ¼ tablespoons vanilla extract
8Maple Vanilla Fudge
- 2 scoops protein powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, separated
- 1 tablespoon coconut palm sugar
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- pinch of sea salt
9Banana Pancake Tacos
- ½ Cup Oat flour 50g
- ½ Tablespoons Baking powder
- ¼ Tablespoons Salt
- ½ Tablespoons Cinnamon + additional for topping
- ½ Cup Very ripe banana
- 2 Tablespoons Honey
- ½ Tablespoons Vanilla extract
- 1 Large egg
- ¼ Cup Skim milk
10Grain Free Protein Cookies
- 1 cup peanut butter, creamy
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 egg, large
- 2 scoops (1/2 cup) vanilla protein powder