Hearing problem is a disability that is found in people irrespective of age and especially in the elders who cross 60 years of age. The people who are facing any kind of hearing problem or ear problem have to immediately contact the audiologist. But, you need to find the right audiologist who can help you in suggesting the right hearing aid that best suits your ear, lifestyle and hearing style. Prior to choosing an audiologist, you need to ensure that they have ample experience and good at treating all kinds of hearing problem and suggest the best hearing aid. There are different types and sizes of hearing aids that are advertised in the market, but you must buy an aid only when you are advised on some specific ear-related problems by your audiologist.
Factors to Consider While Choosing The Best Hearing Aids:
There are different styles of best Hearing Aids being manufactured by the manufacture. Here are a few styles of hearing aids that people are interested in purchasing.
- Behind the ear (BTE) hearing aid: This is the hearing aid that has been for ages and this is being fitted behind the ear. The best part of this aid is that, no individual can notice that you are having hearing problem and plugged it. This hearing aid has a tube that is fitted into the ear canal. These are considered to be the most effective hearing aids in the market.
- Open ear hearing aid: These hearing aids are alike to that of a BTE hearing aid, but come in smaller version. These are also attached behind the ear with a small tube connected inside your ear canal. This is highly comfortable for the people to wear for hours together, without any irritation. Moreover, these hearing aids do not damage your style quotient, if you are a young person.
- In the ear (ITE) hearing aid: This is the device that has to be fitting in a single ear, and it provides a steady solution to acute hearing problems. However, this device is visible to other people too unlike the BTE and open ear hearing aid. Not all the individual shows interest in purchasing this aid, since this is large in size and is visible.
- In-the-canal (ITC) hearing aid: This hearing aid is customized in such a way that it directly gets fixed in the hearing canal of the patient. This is mostly preferred by the people, since none can notice that you are plugging in the hearing aid. This is made using state of the art technology to fulfill the need of patients with hearing problem.
- Completely in the canal (CIC) hearing aid: This customized hearing aid fits into the earning canal of the patients. This is ideal for the people who are looking for the hearing aid that is highly invisible.
Which hearing aid should you choose?
Pick the hearing aid that is digital: Though, analog hearing aid helps the people with hearing disability to hear properly, but it does not provide the comfort that the digital hearing aid provides. The amplifier built inside the digital hearing aid amplifies and filters the unwanted noise. The only benefit of purchasing analog hearing aid is that, you can get them for reasonable prices compared to the digital ones.
Pick the hearing aid that can help you to control the volume: It is recommended to purchase the hearing aid that enables you to control the volume instead of purchasing the one that has fixed volume. This actually helps the patients to adjust the volume as per their needs with the change in the listening environment.
Few of the hearing aids come with pre-set volume levels and few come with volume dials. For purchasing the aids, it is important to consult with your ENT first. Consult with a your ENT before making purchase of hearing aid.