Pregnancy can sound exciting if you are looking forward to having a baby. But this pleasant surprise also requires good pregnancy health in body, mind, and more ways. From biological age ticking, ovulation, fertility, and timing for pregnancy. But there are times when you trying to conceive, but yet, the pregnancy just does not happen. There could be several causes for it. The best foot forward is to start ahead three months from conceiving by focusing on your priorities and getting set to pregnancy soon.
Here are some of the tips to get pregnantby concentrating on making the right lifestyle choices.
1. Keep a Check on Your Weight
Thinking about when can I get pregnant, then know your BMI status. For overall goodness and pregnancy, have a normal BMI (Body Mass Index). It will help with conception, smooth pregnancy, and normal delivery. Being overweight or underweight can decrease your ability to get pregnant because of fertility issues. Ovulation takes a hit because of weight issues, and so does the hormonal balance in the body.
· Popular research revealed that a BMI of 18.5 or less can be the reason for ovulation to stop early and lead to an irregular menstrual cycle.
· A normal BMI is considered normal between 19 and 21. If your BMI is less than 19, then you are probably underweight.
· And if the same is over 24, then you are perhaps obese or overweight. If you are already working towards achieving a healthy weight, then maintain your BMI.
2. Reduce Intake of Alcohol and Caffeinated Beverages
Who does not love to have fizzy caffeinated coffee or cappuccino once in a while? But having caffeinated beverages regularly can affect your heart, fertility, and pregnancy. The same goes for alcohol intake. If you have too much of alcoholic beverages, then it can affect your nervous system in worse ways than you can imagine. Also, unintended pregnancy is possible because if you are too high on alcohol, you may forget to use birth control measures
· There is a direct link between alcohol consumption and pregnancy issues. Once you conceive, your healthcare provider may restrict you from drinking altogether.
· When you are planning to get pregnant, then limit alcohol consumption, then try to quit it. Heavy drinking can affect the developing baby as well.
· Talk to your physician, if you experience withdrawal symptoms from drinking during pregnancy.
3. Add Lots of Nutrition to the Diet
Remaining healthy physically and mentally are both important. And the first step towards it is being mindful of what you eat. Especially if you want to get pregnant or have conceived already, then the need for nutrition is more for your body. It is because you have to care for your health as well as that of the developing baby in the uterus. Thus, nutrition value is crucial, which you must discuss with your healthcare provider and dietician.
A well-balanced diet is key for getting ready for pregnancy and good health. Include vegetables, whole grains, lean protein, dairy, and fruits to begin with. This will enhance reproductive system function and prepare your body for a healthy pregnancy. Here are some of the nutrients to add to your diet:
· Calcium: Those who want to conceive, must include at least 1,000 milligrams of calcium in their meals every day. Some of the food to look forward to are tofu, dark green vegetables, yogurt, and low-fat milk.
· Folic Acid: As for folic acid, this vitamin should be at least 400 micrograms per day in your meals. You can obtain it from citrus fruits, dark leafy vegetables, legumes, fortified cereals, bread, or supplements as per directed by your doctor.
· Vitamins: Prenatal vitamins are essential for pregnancy. Some of the options are gummy, vegetarian, and vegan varieties, which have DHA. Consult a professional before you begin with prenatal vitamins to get pregnant because this will depend on your body’s needs.
4. Do Away with Smoking
Smoking causes several health issues such as lung cancer, heart disease, and strokes. And getting pregnant is difficult for those who drink a lot. Because smoking too much can invite fertility issues. So, if you find it difficult to conceive and smoke several cigarettes a day, then it is better you quit the habit soon. It can somehow then increase your chances of improving the quality of a mature egg. Thus, greater the chances of pregnancy.
5. Exercise Regularly
Even if you are not a hardcore fitness enthusiast, remember moderate exercising can also improve your chances of conceiving. It is the first step for preparing the body for pregnancy as being fit can lessen the labor pain. That can even make it easier for you to cope with delivery and other changes ongoing during a pregnancy. Consider swimming, walking, jogging, and biking to start with.
· If you are overweight or obese, it adversely affects your reproductive function in more than one way.
· If you are unable to take much time off your schedule to exercise regularly, then search for stretching exercises, or simply walk for a few minutes at intervals.
· If you cannot work out every day, try to do so at least every alternate day.
· Focus on your core and body strength by training for it.
Now that you understand that you can prepare and better your pregnancy scope, why wait? Follow the above-given tips, and you can easily conceive. But at the same time, do not avoid the instructions from your healthcare provider. Everyone has different health and body. Do not take any supplements or exercise during pregnancy without getting consent from your dietician and physical trainer.
If you find it hard to conceive, then get a complete body check-up, including that of your endocrinology and reproductive system. Also, if you have an unplanned pregnancy, then it is a smart place to find safe and genuine termination pills along with tips for your health.