University of Utah Health Care defines body mass as the measurement of fat mass (fat tissue) versus fat-free mass (lean muscle tissue) in the human body. Knowing your body composition helps you make smarter decisions when you decide you wish to change it. You can change your body composition naturally by eating a healthy diet and exercising, as well as by taking the well-known weight loss supplement Garcinia Cambogia.
Let’s take a look at how diet, exercise and Garcinia Cambogia all help you lose weight and build lean muscle for a healthy body composition.
Eat Right and Bust your Body Fat for good
Everyone knows how important eating right is in order to bust body fat for good, but not everyone knows how to eat right. There’s a delicate balance between the foods you eat and the amount of activity you do. The tips below can help you get it right.
- Eat fewer calories in a day than your body burns.
- Limit starchy foods (potatoes, pasta, etc.) to a cup or less up to three times a day.
- Start the day with a full breakfast that includes fruit, a complex carbohydrate and protein, such as quinoa, black beans, amaranth, or seitan.
- Satisfy a sweet tooth with fruit instead of other sugary treats.
- Eat 5-6 smaller meals per day rather than three large ones to increase your body’s fat burning process.
Exercise is Key to Better Body Composition
Diet alone won’t help you achieve the body composition you desire. Including a well-rounded exercise routine with good nutrition is the way to a leaner, healthier body. Include the following in your activity plan for best results.
- Stretching – helps avoid injury during exercise
- Cardio – gets your heart pumping
- Resistance training – works and builds those muscles
- Endurance training – helps you do more for longer periods
A good place to start is with 30 minutes of exercise 3-5 times a week. You don’t need to include all of these aspects in every workout, but shoot for including them all at some point during the week.
What is Garcinia Cambogia?
If you haven’t heard of it, and are asking, “What is Garcinia Cambogia?” you’re in for a treat. In short, Dr. Oz introduced Garcinia Cambogia, and the weight loss community hasn’t been the same since. Touted as a fat-burning miracle, this natural weight loss supplement is made from a fruit found in India and other Southeast Asian areas. When taken as directed, it has the ability to:
- Promote weight loss
- Change body composition
- And improve overall health
One of the biggest benefits of using Garcinia Cambogia is the fact that it not only helps you burn fat, it also helps you retain muscle mass. This is important, especially when the majority of weight loss programs inadvertently cause some lean muscle loss.
When it comes to maintaining a healthy body, understanding your own body composition allows you to make the right choices for your best overall health. Eating right, getting enough exercise and including a natural weight loss supplement can help you reach your body composition goals.