Many individuals feel that being obese or overweight can increase the danger of health problems such as diabetes and heart disease. However many are not aware that this can also lower the chance of fertility and the chance of delivering a healthy baby. If you are planning for a baby then you must be closer to a healthy lifestyle and weight so that there are higher chances of getting pregnant and delivering a healthy child.
Perfect weight for conception differs:
The perfect weight for conception is based on how tall are you. Your BMI is a calculation based on your weight and height. The healthy BMI range is from 18.5 to 24.9. In adults, the BMI from 25 to 29 is considered overweight and a BMI above 30 is obesity. You can also check your BMI using an online BMI tool available on various online websites.
Overweight and fertility in women:
Being overweight can affect a women’s fertility by leading to the following issues;
- Menstrual problems
- Hormonal imbalances
- Problems with ovulation (discharge of an egg from ovaries)
It can also cause problems with assisted reproduction, such as ovulation induction, IVF (in-vitro fertilization), intracytoplasmic sperm injection.
Obesity is also linked with PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome), a common cause of infertility or low fertility.
Overweight and pregnancy wellbeing:
Getting nearer to a healthy weight before conception builds the chance at the child being healthy at birth and in adulthood.
Obesity and abundance weight acquire during pregnancy is likewise connected with various pregnancy difficulties. These incorporate expanded danger of:
- A miscarriage that can lead tomedical abortion
- High blood pressure
- Cesarean birth
- Gestational diabetes
Infants who are born to extremely overweight moms have an expanded danger of childhood and grown-up obesity and other medical conditions.
While current facts about obesity and conceptive results can appear to be overwhelming, there is some uplifting news. In ladies who are fat, even a little weight reduction further develops fertility and pregnancy wellbeing. Additionally, some diet and lifestyle changes that limit extreme weight gain during pregnancy can further develop the results for both mother and child.
Preparing for pregnancy
In case you are intending to get pregnant, beginning with good dieting and exercise plan currently works on your odds of getting pregnant and having a healthy child. By making out sound improvements to your diet and expanding your day-to-day actual work, you’ll be moving toward a more healthy weight. This is also significant when utilizing IVF and other conceptive innovations.
Investigations have discovered that obesity diminishes the chance of pregnancy and live births in ladies utilizing ART, and builds the rate of miscarriage. However, weight reduction through diet, lifestyle, and different changes fundamentally works on these results.
Ask your medical practitioner about any dietary supplements that you can take such as iodine and folic acid.
Few tips for a healthier weight before pregnancy
You can try these steps to gain healthy weight
- Follow a healthy diet that includes legumes and vegetables, fruits, cereals, wholegrain bread, milk, cheese, yogurt and other alternatives, poultry, lean meat, eggs, fish, seeds, and nuts.
- Avoid having chips, burgers, fatty meats, and biscuits, cakes, pastries, fast foods) and have them in small quantities once in a while
- Avoid drinking alcohol and sugary drinks
- Eat a healthy diet and avoid unhealthy snacks
- Eat veggies in lunch as well as dinner
- Do regular exercise and spend less time sitting and make a habit of getting up while using a mobile phone or PC.
- Set a weight goal, it can motivate you and keep you active. If you are aiming for weight loss then make a goal until you reach your target.
- Start a good diet and plan with your partner to get a high chance to become pregnant and having a healthy child.
Making these lifestyle changes will have an effect on your general wellbeing, regardless of whether they don’t prompt weight loss. Start rolling out these improvements before you begin attempting to conceive, and keep them up all through your pregnancy.
Keep in mind, in case you’re already pregnant and need to lose weight then talk to your dietitian first before you begin making any lifestyle changes.