Too many men end up dressing inadequately and do not look as charming and good as they should. Wearing too long pants, a loose jacket with short sleeves. On top of that accessories that do not match the rest of the outfit. This is a recipe of total dress up disaster. This is article is all about how to dress perfectly.
A perfect jacket has a lot of elements that need to be in place to make it look elegant.
- Lapels on a jacket are less broad as per the current trends. Tie also needs to almost of the same width as the lapel. Lapes also come in many styles like peaked or notched.
- Darts on a jacket are the folds in fabric at the joints. The jacket you are planning to wear needs to tailor fitted to you your body. Thinnest darts should be near the collar and buttons.
- The ideal length of the sleeve should show ½ inch of your cuff. Make sure it is neither too long, making it look sloppy or too short making it look unprofessional.
- Well fitted shoulders are a must for a perfect look. When trying on a jacket, what you actually try is the fitting of the shoulders. The seam of the jacket needs to have a natural fit on your shoulder.
- Armhole of the jacket needs to be of the perfect size. If it will be too big, the jacket will rise if you will raise your arms. You should go for a cut that is less boxy and is high.
- Buttons when closed should not look like they are stretched. Most jackets come with two buttons and some with three. You should always keep the lower button opened in order to keep some room to move.
- Pocket square should be contrasting and yet matching to your suit. Pocket square adds some dazzle to an otherwise routine suit.
- Length of the jacket is also very important. When relaxed, the hem of your jacket needs to touch the middle of you palm. This is considered to be the optimum length. If above or below, you need to get an alteration done.
Formal bottom wear has four major elements that you need to keep in mind while selecting one.
- Some bottoms have pleats and some are flat front. When wearing pleated trousers, you need to make sure that you wear them on your waist and not your hips. It will spoil your look and look bulging.
- Seat of a trouser needs to well fitted. No wrinkles or u-shaped bunching should be present just below the rear end.
- Pant legs are cut with an intention to be stitched as per individual fitting. You need to go for a straight cut instead of a baggy one to get a fitted look.
- Break in a trouser is very important. It is the area where the pant breaks at the bottom near the shoes. An ideal trouser should have one break. Some people even like to wear trousers with medium break. But it should not have too much break.
Accessories make or break a great look. They need to be chosen very carefully.
- Ties are the most important of all the accessories. But it is important to remember that it goes well with your suit. If you opt for a plain shirt, you can go for a heavily embroidered tie and vice versa. It will balance out the look. The length of your tie should be just touching you belt’s buckle. Too long or too short and it will spoil the whole look.
- Tie bars are a super stylish accessory. Apart from great looking, they solve the purpose of holding the tie in place. The ideal length of a tie bar is not more than ¾ of the width of tie.
- Lapel pins should match with you tie and pocket square along with other accessories that you are using. They should be small and not too flashy. It needs to be pinned tightly on the lapel so that id does not move.
- Cufflinks are worn with french cuffed shirts. There is a huge variety of cufflinks that can be bought. Stone studded, silk and even titanium cufflinks are available. Metal ones are suitable for more formal events. Ones with fabric can be used during less formal events.
- Pocket square is a must have accessory. The color of the pocket square should be somewhat similar to your tie, but not same. You can match your pocket square with other accessories like watches, cufflinks etc.
To learn more about Men’s suit cheat sheet, have look at the following infographic shared by Apparel99.
[su_note note_color=”#efefef”]Also Read: Why Being Minimalist is Gold in Terms of Men’s Fashion[/su_note]