If I am not wrong, almost every man aspires to have killer abs. I mean who wouldn’t wish to flaunt their ripped up 6-pack abs? Well, I also want the same to see in me for myself but, let me tell you in the very beginning of this article: it’s not easy. I won’t take you through any dark lane with a bunch of false hopes, but I must emphasize on one thing, if you follow the tips I am about to impart, your abs will speak for itself. Having a killer 6 pack or 8 pack abs won’t come easy. If you want me to state it as it is, nothing in life won’t come easy unless you work really very hard for it. Take me for an example; I have been training for more than 3 years and I no longer have to explain anything to anyone since my physique does that job for me.
In case you don’t know, we all have in-built abs. Whether the person is fat-thin-long-short or whatever, we all have abs. So why isn’t it visible? It’s because the abs of most people are hidden under the layers of fat. It is totally possible for anyone to gain abdominal definition and shed the excess body fat that won’t make your abs visible. Okay, no more beating around the bush, I’m now going to give you 5 best exercises that you can do at the gym as well as at your home to get killer abs. I will cut it short and give you the names and provide you with powerful effects of each exercise. But before I start, do give equal importance to these three attributes to have killer 6 pack abs: Hard Workout, Good Food & Sleep.
1. Bicycle Crunch
This can be stated as the best exercise to start with to have visible 6 pack abs. What I discovered most exciting about Bicycle Crunch is that it targets lower, upper and middle abs.
- What you will have to do to target the lower abs is to keep your legs off the ground while you perform the exercise.
- By keeping your legs horizontal, on the other hand, you can target the middle abs.
- Overall the exercise has an impact on your rectus abdominus muscle which is known as upper ab.
Therefore, Bicycle Crunch is a total package for abs development.
Do it for at least 30 seconds to 1 minute, minimum 3 sets with 10-15 seconds breaks in between every set.
2. Cross Crunch
This one is one of simplest yet the best exercises to achieve ripped abs.
- Cross Crunch is certainly the most excellent exercise to target the external oblique muscle positioned on each side of your abdomen.
- All you have to do is lie flat on your back with your arms and legs diagonally stretched out to form an “X” shape.
- Thereafter bring your right hand toward your left foot and then bring your left hand toward your right foot by lifting your head, neck, and shoulders off the ground.
- Keep your arms and legs straight while you perform the exercise.
Try to follow the same time duration as the previous exercise for Cross Crunch.
3. Russian Twist
Just because I am putting Russian Twist on number three don’t make the mistake of taking this exercise as mainstream.
- Russian Twist is a core exercise that targets more areas than just your abdomen and builds tension around all the abdomen muscles.
- The exercise is typically performed with a medicine ball.
- Russian Twist involves rotating your torso from side to side as you maintain a sit-up position keeping your feet off the ground.
- It’s a must-have workout in your bucket list of abs exercises. Try to do at least 10-15 reps per sets.
You probably have heard of the Planks or may even have performed this exercise. But what I am going to tell you here is basically its benefits and why you should do it.
- The Plank is one of the best exercises for core conditioning.
- It also plays a substantial role in improving your posture, balance, glutes and hamstrings.
- You should hold a plank for at least 100-120 seconds to see real changes.
- There are as many as 20 ways to do planks and each has a number of benefits.
5.Leg Raise & Sit Ups
Finally, Leg Raise can be considered the best exercise for building lower abs.
- Since you raise your legs off the ground, this exercise targets the lower abs in general.
- Leg Raise can help eliminate your belly fat.
You all are already familiar with the Sit Ups. So what Sit Ups really do is
- Strengthen the core and plays a vital role in building abdominal muscles.
- Even though Sit Ups won’t be any helpful to reduce your belly fat, but it does play a significant role in building your six pack abs!
Please don’t rate the exercises on the basis of the number I have put before them. All the exercises do have same benefits. Get at least 30 minutes out of your daily busy schedule and repeat the exercises for 2 weeks to see the results for yourself.
Now that you have gathered a clear idea of what you have to do to build killer abs, you should also keep in mind that performing these exercises is risky. Since they impose some major threats to your muscles as well as physical conditions, it’s important that you take good care of your health. To speak from my personal experience, you can’t really predict what injury you may have to suffer while exercising. You could even sustain serious muscle cramps that may result in immediate hospitalization. I can recall from my memories pulling one of my back muscles while lifting weights and as a result of which I had to spend a lot of my savings.
Well, I was helpless because I didn’t have a health insurance. But you don’t have to follow the same path as I did. Since health is the most valuable possession, isn’t it your duty to secure it in the first place? Of course, it’s a tough job to unearth the best health insurance plan provided there are various insurers in the Indian market. You can easily perform the job of buying health insurance via different online portals in India. It’s advisable to choose a site that shows unbiased results when you compare health insurance policies.
GIBL.IN is one of the leading online insurance portals in India with the mission of providing you the best health plans. Now getting a good Mediclaim policy is just a click away. Log in and secure your health today and stay stress-free through all your workout sessions.