In today’s fitness age, majority of women are becoming interested in getting fit.To get a well-defined toned body they go to gym for workout. It’s no secret that women have significantly different body structures, physical strength. Thus, their dietary needs differ too. They also need supplementation. This is where Pre-workout supplements helps for them.
What are Pre-workout Supplements?
Pre-workout supplements are those that are taken before workout. These aim to increase your energy, strength, endurance, stamina thereby overall performance. Therefore, they give you an extra boost to gear your workout.
Hence, a good pre-workout supplement can give you:
1. Increased focus: Pre-workout supplement contains ingredients that will increases your focus at the gym and you can workout well.
2. Increased energy: Boosts your energy
3. Increased strength: Increases your strength and power
Why women need Pre-workout?
Feeling tired or stressed is a common problem every women face. Nevertheless, taking care of your health is important. Doing physical workout can help to keep keep your body in healthy condition.Not only it gives you a healthy weight but also releases endorphins that make you happier.
However, there are days when you don’t feel like hitting the gym. Either you feel tired or lazy. Then your body needs something extra. A supplement that can give you the boost to increase your energy. Also, it provide you with improved focus for your workout.
That’s why women need pre-workout!
Are Pre-workout supplement same for Men and Women?
Not really. Although there are many pre-workout which work well for both of them. Still it should be noted that men and women have different nutritional needs. Therefore the supplement either chooses should be different.
Mostly women want a lean and fit body than increased muscle mass. Men workout to build their body muscles. This is how it works. Good workout coupled with healthy diet and proper supplementation is needed.
As the type of exercise plan in both varies and accordingly your supplement changes too. Moreover, the ingredients are different in men’s pre-workout that should not be consumed by women for e.g. testosterone booster can cause hormonal imbalance in women.Women need to avoid those ingredients and should check the label before choosing one.
Ingredients to look out in Pre-Workout Supplements
Supplements made up of different ingredients that offer many benefits:
- Nutrients like protein and carbs gives your body energy and keep your muscles healthy and strong.
- Strength boosters like creatine and beta-alanine boost your muscle strength.
- Energy boosters like caffeine and branched-chain amino acids (BCAA’s) stimulate the nervous system for longer workouts.
- Pump boosters like arginine and citrulline help deliver more blood and nutrients to your muscles during pre and post workout and assist in muscle growth and recovery.
- Fat burners increase your metabolism and provides energy during
- Brain boosters like tyrosine and choline increase brain activity and sharpen your focus increasing workout efficiency.
Benefits of Pre-Workout Supplements for Women
In Women, pre-workout supplements increases workout efficiency and helps reach fitness goals faster. Thus, it helps to:
- Improve performance
- Increase strength
- Increase endurance
- Increase protein synthesis
- Decrease muscle breakdown during exercise
- Improve focus and energy
- Increase metabolic rate for increase fat burning potential
- Improve nutrient delivery
Types of Women’s Pre-Workout Supplements
Most products contain a blend of popular ingredients that help balance your nutrients and maximize performance. Some of them are:
- All-in-one supplement that have many ingredients and offer most powerful effects. These are usually good choice for most fitness freaks.
- Pump-based focus on pushing more nutrients and blood to your muscles during your workout.
- Thermogenic focus on fat burning. These speed up your metabolism, shed your calories and improve fat loss.
- Creatine free as it cause bloating in some women.
How To Take Pre-Workout Supplements
One of the most important thing is when to take the supplement for its maximum benefits. Since pre-workout supplements deliver the short-term performance during workout and so should be taken on time. Usually you can take it twenty minutes to half an hour before you work out.
Furthermore, follow the instructions for dosage and timing on the product package. You can check basic guidelines:
- Stimulants and energy boosters should be taken about 60-minutes before working out.
- Body fueling ingredients like whey protein, creatine, beta-alanine should be taken 15-30 minutes before your workout.
- Healthy whole foods should be consumed 60-90 minutes before your workout.
Pre-workout supplements are essential to boost up the energy and drive for a truly great workout. On the contrary, not only taking the supplements will help. They won’t work like magic along with it you need to workout and eat right. Then, only these supplements will take you to the next level.
The best pre-workout for women is of course taken prior to engaging in exercise. Taking pre-workout has a significant effect on your workouts. As long as you take them before working out it will get boost your stamina, endurance and energy. So, if you need more energy and want to push yourself harder in the gym. Start using pre-workout for best results.