Overview & Causes
This problem is considered rather common for women as majority of women encounter this odor issue of the vaginal area for at least one or two times throughout their life.
The odor in vaginal area can be triggered by numerous factors, for example, the growth of bacteria, lack of hygiene, yeast infections, STD (sexual transmitted diseases) or changes in hormones.
In case the odor is caused by infection, you might incur symptoms such as irritation, burning, itchiness and redness at the affected vaginal area. The fishy odor is specifically triggered by the condition called bacterial vaginosis.
Whatever the reason for causing vaginal odor, this problem will be very annoying and embarrassing.
Vaginal Odor Natural Remedies
The characteristic of fenugreek is similar to the estrogen hormone in female. Therefore, it is one of the most beneficial herb to get rid of vaginal odor. It will help women maintain the balance of hormones as well as regulate the menstrual cycle.
You can drink both the water that you use to soak the seeds of fenugreek and the tea made from the fenugreek seeds. Additionally, you can take the water which is used to boil the seeds to cleanse the vaginal area.
Contain huge amount of lactobacillus, yogurt is among the most effective ingredient that you might consider for tackling the problem of vaginal odor. Not only preventing infection for stomach, yogurt also help your vaginal area stay away from yeast infection. The positive bacteria from yogurt will help regulate the pH level in the vaginal area, thus getting rid of vaginal odor. You can consume the yogurt daily (preferably the unsweetened and plain one) or apply yogurt into the vaginal area. Remember to cleanse the applied area carefully in order to prevent infection.
Among the beneficial herb for how to get rid of vaginal odor, turmeric is one of the most common and preferable one due to its easiness to use and strong antibacterial effect. It can help prevent your vaginal area from various infections. All you need to do is mixing some powder of turmeric into warm milk and digest that mixture nicely.
7Hygiene and Diet
– Intake the maximum amount of water recommended for the body in order to eliminate harmful bacteria and toxins in your body.
– Stay away from drinks such as sugary drinks like colas or tea and espresso as they will stimulate the growth of bacteria which trigger vaginal odor.
– Stay away from foods which are starchy and zesty.
– Intake more foods which are citrus and abundant with vitamin C such as lemons, oranges, grapes, pineapples, etc.
– Should not practice unprotected sex as it might trigger infections and STDs, thus causing vaginal odor.
– Put on underwear which is made from cotton or breathable fabric. Also change and wash underwear daily.
– While in menstrual cycle, should often change sterile pads. If using tampons, remember to get them out.
– Have the vaginal area cleansed well after peeing or doing intercourse.
– Recommend to wear apparel which is loose-fit as tight clothes will block the airflow, thus increasing sweat and vaginal odor.
Also read: 12 Simple Home Remedies to Get Rid of Acidity
Those 7 tips above are the best among many others natural treatments of vaginal odor. In case those tips above might not be suitable or bring satisfied results, you might need to apply other treatment methods in order to put an end to this issue completely.